I haven’t has cheesy bread in years and years. I haven’t had that amazing store bought garlic bread either. Although this recipe doesn’t use the store bought garlic bread, you could easily do this recipe with that as well.
Thanks to Anna at Crunchy Creamy Sweet for this recipe!
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 to 1,5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Crunchy Creamy Sweet.