At first I thought this was chicken parmesan! Nope, it’s actually parmesan chicken. It looks a lot like chicken parmesan, but it’s a bit different. How?
There’s no marinara!
There’s no mozzarella on top (as some recipes have it)!
So what’s the point of eating it? It’s delicious. The garlic in the breading leaves you with a nice earthy flavor. The parmesan gives you that salty taste. The flavor combination in this is fantastic. I think you’ll all love it. It’s a really simple dinner to prepare.
It has a cook time of 40 minutes.
Thanks to Dan at Cake’s Cottage for this fantastic recipe!
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets.
- 4-5 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepperInstructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Moisten chicken breasts with water and lay on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Divide the mayonnaise mixture evenly among the chicken, just spreading it across the top of each piece, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs on each piece of chicken.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear.
- Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
- You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed.
- Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.
- Coconut Chicken Strips
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Baked Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cornflake Breaded Baked Chicken
- 3 Ingredient BBQ Baked Chicken
- Baked Crispy General Tso’s Chicken
For more spectacular recipes and some great step-by-step photos, visit Cake’s Cottage.